Saturday, January 14, 2012

How dark of a window tint can you get in New York?

I live in upstate New York and I want to put tint on my windows. I have found it in 35% and 20%. I was thinking 20% all around, except the windshield, or 35% on the front two windows and 20% on all the rear windows. Is that too dark?How dark of a window tint can you get in New York?
New York Window Tint Law

New York Tint Law Enacted: 1991

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN NEW YORK?



Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In New York, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.

Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.

Back Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.

Rear Window Any darkness can be used.
  • carolina skiff
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment