Saturday, January 14, 2012

Window tint!?

I'm looking to get my car tinted. Its an 04 olds Alero 2 door. I'm looking to go as dark as I can, The guy I'm going to does 5 % and 15 %. and I'm really looking at the 5%, don't want to kick myself bc it too dark when he is done.

I guess my question is- Does anyone have any problems seeing at night with 5%? I can't make up my mind.... need help by 10 am Saturday morning.. thanksWindow tint!?
Think about it. The darker the tint, the harder to see through, from the outside and inside.
id go 5 but the po po might have something to say about thatWindow tint!?
Go with the very dark on the windows behind the driver and the not as dark with the windows beside the driver's head. The really dark ones in the front windows make driving at night sometimes difficult. Also, the fuzz will ticket you if they want to be a jerk about it.
I have tinted windows and no problem seeing through them at night. They are not a clear as normal windows but when you have them you can hardly tell the difference.Window tint!?
well heres the answer since no one has 5 percent they dont kno how dark it is...at night it is hard to see out the window...i had it on my back window and 2 rear sides...it took some time to get use to esp if your backing up cause u cant see anything and i have really great vision...i had it 15 on the front windows and it was alot better...
The color of your car is something small to consider. Not all colors or makes of cars look nice with really dark tint. All the basics like white, black, silver, some reds look nice.



Seeing out of the car at night will take some adjustment but beware, I had a vehicle for 6 years that had 5% tint and now driving my new car at night is difficult for me because the lights of the other cars bother me. I only have 35% on this vehicle, mainly because it's illegal for anything lower.
The back 3 windows are fine to do 5% on. The problem comes in if you do 5% on the driver and passenger windows. My roommate did this and had some difficulty seeing cars next to him on the freeway. I have 5 on the rears and 15 on the sides and it is much easier to see but still has a very cool look to it. I hope this helps!
5% is really dark. I used to have a 5% on my SUV's rear and back window. It is okay during the daytime but it is terrible at night especially when you try to back up in a dark parking lot. You can hardly see a thing even with your back up lights on. It has become a safety issue. After my experience with the 5%, Ill never have my car's back windows tinted that dark again. My suggestion would be to use 35 % for the back window and 5% for the two rear windows. You won't be able to tell the difference from the outside because of the shading effect and you'll be glad you did it especially when backing up at night. Tint the forward windows at your own risk. Different states has their own sets of legal limits on how dark you could tint your forward windows. I know California is 35%. In Los Angeles, the police and highway patrol is known to pull over vehicles with overly dark forward windows. Under no circumstances should you tint your windshield more than 6 inches from the top.Hope this helps in your decision making.

No comments:

Post a Comment