Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Can I plead no contest to window tint violation?

I went through a road block in Georgia, the first officer checked my license and sent me on my way but the last officer stopped me and check my window tint. I did not know it was illegal first because the tint came on the car when my family bought it and second because the car isn't mine nor is the vehicle registered to me. So basically I paying for someone else's mistake. Can I go to court and plead no contest or something?Can I plead no contest to window tint violation?
There is absolutely no reason to plead no contest. That's only used if there is some damage to another person for which you could be sued in civil court.



I'd speak to the hearing officer/judge and explain your situation. I don't know if your ignorance of the law would have any effect or be any excuse; you were still driving an illegal car.Can I plead no contest to window tint violation?
Yes. That means you will be convicted. If you are asking if the law of your state prohibits driving a car with illegal tint, even if someone else owns it, begin by reading the statute you are alleged to have violated. Not just the title. Read the whole thing and see for yourself what is prohibited. Most such statutes prohibit "operating" a vehicle on the public highway with illegal tint, but yours could be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment