Sunday, January 8, 2012

How do I remove the 2nd layer of window tint on my car rear window??

Hi,





So I bought a 98 Honda Civic and I'm trying to slowly fix it up and mod it. I was able to remove the tint on the side windows w/ no problem but the rear window seems to have the 1st layer of tint already removed. I researched some of the websites and they said it was pretty easy to remove as long as both layers of the tint were still intact with the ammonia/ trash bag method. My only problem is that I only have the 2nd layer left. Any ideas on how to painfully remove this or am I going to have to tough it out and do it with the razor blade method? I'm going to be careful with the defroster lines if this is the case.


I know I could take it to a shop but I don't want to pay them $100 bucks to remove the tint if I dont have to. Thanks|||If the window has defrost lines in it your going to hate yourself for even trying it. You'll never get it off the window without pulling up the line no matter how careful you are. Window tint that has been on for any length of time to set up is like trying to peel fiberglass apart one layer at a time without screwing up the next layer.And if you plan on tinting the window in the future you will always see the glue left behind from this layer. Your best thing to do is replace the window. If you have glass coverage on it through your ins co go that route you'll be happier and less stressed..........I am sure that if you bring it someplace to have it removed your defroster still wont work.|||hand held razor blade. Buy them at Lowes for $2|||SINGLE EDGE RAZOR BLADES AND WINDEX WORKS GREAT.





BUT LIKE THE ANSWER ABOVE BE CAREFUL IF IT HAS A REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER BECAUSE IF IT HAS THE LINES THAT ARE ON THE INSIDE OF THE GLASS YOU WILL CUT THEM AND BE MAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment