Sunday, January 8, 2012

How do I remove window tint film from car windows?

I've bought a used car with old window tint film on the windows. It wasn't applied right in the first place and now it looks bad and there's no tint left. Any ideas how to get it off the windows?|||I've had to remove my tints a couple of times now due to fix it tickets and it is easy, just a bit time consuming. All you need is windex and a single edged razor blade. If there is tint on any of the windows- starting at one corner peel up the tint, depending on the condition of the tint it should come off in one large piece. Then just spray the window with windex and scrape off the glue that was left on the window with the razor. I held the razor at less than a 45 degree angle.|||If you will be doing it your self you will need a steam cleaner machine. If not, just take to a window tint shop and they will do it for you for about $30-40 max|||I asked a window tinter and he told me that they use a razor blade and amonia to remove tint|||Take it in to the shop and they will do it for you. It doesn't cost too much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment