Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What is the maximum car window tint that is legal in all 50 states?

I want to get my windows tinted but want to make sure I have a legal tint across all 50 states should I travel or decide to move. Can anyone tell me what is the maximum tint that is legal in all 50 states? Thanks in advance!What is the maximum car window tint that is legal in all 50 states?
You'll be safe legally with a 70 % VLT . .however wth out of state plates the more practical solution is 50% on Front windows, 35% on passenger windows and 15% on the back window.



http://www.tintlaws.com/about.htmlWhat is the maximum car window tint that is legal in all 50 states?
I think most states have their own requirements but here in Hawaii we our tint has to be 35%. If you have anything darker then that then you will get a ticket. I think the fine is like $100-$200 per window. You have to get a safety check every month here so if you have illegal tint you will not pass and will have to either take it off or try other places to get the sticker. Most places have the meter that reads how much percentage your tint really is and there is a fee involved for that meter usage. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment