Sunday, January 8, 2012

Why doesn't the rear window tint on my car go all the way up to the top of the window?

I just had my car windows professionally tinted (2003 honda accord coupe). I didn't realize until after I left that the tint on the rear window doesn't go all the way to the top of the glass. It stops right before those dots around the edge that (I understand) are there to keep the window from cracking from heat. (The tint does go to the edge on the sides and bottom, although the dots cover 3-4 inches on the top of the rear window, and only an inch or so on the other sides.) I'm going to go back to see if it can be fixed; but is there a reason for this?|||i own a shop and the reason they didn't go on up with it the tint wont stick good over the dots,at least that's why most of the shops do this,you can take it back ,but they may tell you the same thing,good luck with it,hope this helps.|||your welcome.

Report Abuse


|||Simple reason is the tint will not stick to those little dots|||I am going to guess on this one but is probably the make it legal. I guessing it is just far enough down to let you see out with your rear view mirror and let the police see in if they pull you over.

No comments:

Post a Comment