Sunday, January 8, 2012

Window tint?

Ok so here is the deal i just bought a 99 lexus with some real crappy window tint. We want it off but we dont know the name for the item to remove the window tint. Can anyone tell me the name of the specific steamer to remove window tint?|||This website will show you how to remove it with household items. http://www.tintcenter.com/articles/bt_re鈥?/a> hope it helps.|||Taking it off can really suck! I just finished removing some 10 yr. tint from my 1970 Mustang...not fun. What I did was line the inside of the window w/ a black trash bag, this heats up the glass and helps the tint come off in 1 piece instead of layers. I then used a safety razor blade to remove the tint, it took several passes to get mine off, but then again my tint is older than your car! HA! Once all of the film was off I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed again to remove all of the old glue using ammonia based window cleaner.





To be honest, if a tint shop will charge $100 bucks or less to remove it then go for it, in retrospect I wish I had done that. Good luck :) I have never heard of a 'steamer' to remove the tint.|||Take it to a window tinting place, sounds like a nice car and i would hate for you to ruin it with all these other ideas being thrown around..|||go to a tint shop or use ammonia..... it is a total PIA so it would be worth paying a tint shop to do it....|||u have to get new windows

No comments:

Post a Comment