Sunday, January 8, 2012

What is the fee of not removing window tint in New York State?

It's kind of pointless to remove the window tint on this car because it's barely used, and the one time it was used I got a ticket for tint being too dark (not even my car, sucks right?). Percentage is 26%|||Go or call the court the ticket was wrote to. If you plead guilty get ready to pay a fine, which I'm sure they will let you pay later on your court date. It's probably about it's about 75 to 100 bucks. There are no points on your drivers license for this violation. It's a equipment violation. The legal limit is no less than 70%. 26 is very dark. Take it off and you won't have to worry about getting stopped in the future. Only the sides of the car have to be removed. The back window can be tinted as dark as you like providing you have 2 outside rearview mirrors.|||I had this happen to me many years ago. I was given a ticket and I had to take the car to the DMV within 5 days to show that I removed the tint then they voided the ticket. but I was told it was a safety infraction and if it was not removed they would yank my registration. their thinking is if a cop approaches your car and he can't see in you might be a criminal and shoot him and he would not know what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment